Thursday, May 19, 2011

Testing In Grasshopper




Here I changed the shape I used to project onto the surface from circles to hexagons. I really prefer this because it looks more geometric and it looks more like The Louvre design (structural image in another post). I also really like the different intersections of shapes I am getting from this shape, and the new shapes that are created from this. I am looking forward to exploring this more.
In these 3 iterations all I have changed is the size of the polygon that is being projected- there are the same number of polygons with the same amount of sides.
I would like to find a way to change this so that there is not a big hole in the top of the dome, and I don't like that the shapes become more dense as you get closer to the top of the dome. This happens because each circle in the series is divided into the same number of points, so points are closer together on the smaller circle at the top than the bottom one. I would also really like the pattern to be less random-looking and look more organised and more consistent.

No comments:

Post a Comment