Thursday, May 19, 2011

New Square Grid

After looking at that last file, I figured out how to change what was projected to just a normal square grid that fits over the dome to project these shapes. This gave the more organised and consistent affect I was after. Here is an image of how it works in Grasshopper and Rhino.

Here are some images of the different iterations of this system. I really like it but I wonder how I would get it laser cut. I am planning on dividing up the dome into triangles and gluing them together to create the dome shape, but with this pattern there are no solid areas that could be glued together when it is cut up.
I will have to think of ways to do this a better way, or change the look of my model in some way to accommodate for the limits of laser cutting.


No comments:

Post a Comment