Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Baked Models Screenshots

These models were baked in Grasshopper into Rhino, then scaled in Rhino itself by 10. This is because my original scale was so small in Grasshopper, so this made it so that the pipes are 1mm thick, which I think is reasonable and will give me the aesthetics I want, and the diameter of the models will be around 15mm.
To make the bottom of the models neater I found the bottom circle that made up the dome, and piped it. This made the model much neater altogether and the fabrication will work well with this included in the model.




You can see in each of these models you can see some imperfections in some of the intersections, like parts of the pipes sticking out further past the circle surrounding the model, and some of the intersections between pipes are not neat enough either.
So I imported the models into 3DS Max to edit the mesh and add spheres to clean up intersections.

No comments:

Post a Comment