Thursday, June 2, 2011

Arrangement on Site in 3DS Max

It was fun having a look at how I could arrange the models for the site together, rather than just using one of them at a time. When thinking more about the context of the site though, and how close it is to the Opera House, I think I would like to rearrange them to get higher as you get closer to that rather than lower, so sort of lead you there and be more welcoming. I will also be adding blocks in 3DS Max to show what the buildings underneath could be like, holding up the structure, replacing the ugly and controversial 'toaster' that currently sits there.










When I imported the models they were about 14cm in diameter each, and were a bit too big for the site, so I scaled them down to 70%, which makes them 98m in diameter in real life (The 3D printed models will be at scale of 1:700).

No comments:

Post a Comment