Tuesday, March 22, 2011

More Blackboard Tutorials

WALKWAY- CREATING A SOLID SURFACE TUTORIAL

This tutorial took me a long time because it would not let me offset the solid curve vertically. After discussing with my tutor we found that this was because my curve was too complicated and when it tried to offset it some of the geometry intersected so there was an error.

TOWER TUTORIAL PART 1


This was my first attempt at this tutorial, and I could not figure out why the twisting of the tower was not working quite as it was supposed to, and in the end I went through the whole tutorial again and it was that I did not make the original point the axis for the twisting!


This was what it was supposed to look like, so I added in the extra connection and it finally worked!

TOWER TUTORIAL PART 2

This tutorial added a surface to the twisting tower and then railings, which made it much more like a real building. It was interesting to see these features added (mostly the surface) and will be useful for when we do the assignment.

No comments:

Post a Comment